Who doesn’t love the delicate, aromatic beauty of a rose? Not only are these flowers beautiful to look at and enjoyable to smell, they can also be used to enhance our beauty. My skin is dry and I have always used clay face masks with the addition of various herbs and additives like oatmeal. spirulina and kelp powder to give my skin a moisture boost. While I always got beautiful results, it was not until I decided to add rose powder to my facial mix that I achieved skin so hydrated and so soft that it made my jaw drop. To say that I was shocked is an understatement especially since I thought I was already getting my skin as soft and hydrated as I possibly could with by adding rose hip oil and rose essential oil to my masks. Honestly, I didn’t think it was possible to get my skin any softer but adding real roses was a game changer. I LOVE ROSE PETAL POWDER and so does my skin. Try rose petal powder in your skin or beauty care routine and you will proclaim your love for it as well! So, what exactly is rose petal powder and how can you use it
What Is Rose Petal Powder?
Rose petal powder is dried pulverized or ground roses. Roses can be of any variety and can come the store, a supplier or even your garden. Since you will be using directly on our skin make sure to buy organic so that you are not putting pesticides and poisons on your body.
How To Make Rose Petal Powder
If you are lucky enough to have your own rose bush or fresh roses, you can dry out your petals by using one of these methods https://www.wikihow.com/Dry-Rose-Petals otherwise, you can purchase dried organic rose petals. Once you have your dried petals you can use a spice grinder to pulse into a fine power or use a mortar and pestle to grind them into a powder.
The Benefits Of Rose Petal Powder:
- Moisturizing – Rose compounds work to lock moisture into the skin and keep it soft, supple and hydrated.
- Cleansing, toning, and brightening – using rose water can tone and brighten your skin, lift any impurities left behind all without stripping the skin of its natural oils.
- Soothing and Relaxing – the scent of rose is used therapeutically to help soothe and calm the nervous system.
- Supports anti-aging – roses contain antioxidants and vitamin C which help prevent the formation of wrinkles and its tonic properties help tighten skin and slow down the signs of aging.
- Anti-inflammatory – the oils present in roses can help soothe swollen and inflamed skin conditions, including rosacea and eczema.
How to use Rose Petal Powder
- Face Mask #1 – hydrating, rejuvenating, brightening
- 2 Tablespoons of pink clay
- 1 Tablespoon of powdered roses
- 1 tsp of raw honey
- 2 Tablespoons of rose hydrosol (or to desired consistency)
- 5 drops rose essential oil or Palmarosa oil
Add clay and roses into a small container and mix well. Add in honey and hydrosol to desired consistency and mix well. Add in essential oil. Apply mask to clean dry face and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry. Apply moisturizer.
- Face Mask #2 – hydrating, rejuvenating, tightening
- 2 Tablespoons of French green clay
- 1 Tablespoon of powdered roses
- ½ Tablespoon dried lavender
- 3 Tablespoons of aloe vera juice (or to desired consistency)
- 3 drops tea tree oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
Add clay, roses and lavender into a small container and mix well. Slowly add in aloe vera to desired consistency and mix well. Add in essential oil. Apply mask to clean dry face and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry. Apply moisturizer.
- Body Scrub – Exfoliating and moisture boosting
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- ¼ cup of rice bran oil
- ¼ cup of hazelnut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of powdered roses
- 10 drops of geranium essential oil
Combine sugar and roses in a small bowl and mix well. Add oils and essential oil and stir well to combine. This scrub can be used as a hand scrub, a foot scrub or body scrub. If using in the shower, use a bath mat.
- Rose Water Toner – Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, astringent, and anti-aging. Although not rose petal powder, rose water toner offers too many benefits to ignore. A tutorial on how to make it yourself can be found here https://www.holistichealthherbalist.com/make-rose-water/
- Hair Mask – revitalizing and hydrating. Although I have not tried this recipe yet, it sounds intriguing and I do love a good hair mask. Hopefully the rose powder in this hair mask will work the same miracle it worked for my skin. Hair mask recipe: https://www.apothecary7.com/pages/rose-petal-powder-uses
Want to pump up the hydration in your next bath? Try our Royal Rose Bath Salt made with real organic roses, Epsom salt, pink Himalayan sea salt and and rose essential oil. It is detoxing, relaxing and will leave your skin hydrated and soft.
Have you tried roses or rose petal powder in your skincare? Let me know how you’ve used it in the comments below.